IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, August 9, 2007

WHAT A FRIEND


Our small group went to our precious friends' home last night to do a little yard work. Dr. Dale is a gardener extraordinary, but since his medical problems has not been able to get down and dirty. When the call went out, EVERYONE was ready, willing and eager to help. They have been such an important part of whom we are and are so sweet and such an inspiration to us all-we couldn't wait to try to help them. Just as I clean my house for the housekeeper to come, Helen had been out-IN THIS HEAT-working in the yard-knowing we were coming. We still found a few things to do-so there Helen! We all had a great time sweating, swatting, and swearing (not really-but needed another s word) in the heat. We managed to clip some shrubs back, clean out a few beds and get a good start on reclaiming what Mother Nature was trying to take back. As her final "GOTTCHA", Mother Nature sprinkled poision ivy all throughout the beds. If we all get a case, Dr. Dale will prescribe and Mrs. Helen will do the honors popping our rears to calm the itch. We did dip into the cool pool after we finished and some of us actually plunged into the pool. (THAT'S WHAT THEY MAKE DRI-FIT FOR, FRIENDS). Delicious watermelon provided by Sir James was enjoyed by all for a fitting end to our evening. WE WILL RETURN!

I am playing the lazy card today. Didn't get out of the bed until 7:30. Did a little watering and came in to the AC. I am cleaning out my desk and surroundings. I LOVE NEATNESS! Babs is swimming today and I was supposed to lift weights, but. "I'll think about that tomorrow."

I am grilling lamb, Sandra, for supper. That with a ceasar salad and orzo, YUMMY! Sandra gives me a hard time about my favorite grilling meats, but that's ok-I LOVE a woman that will eat whatever you put in front of her.

Camille went and filled out her employment forms today and is in the process of having a security check. I am not sure what national threat an employee of a medical school might have, but you NEVER KNOW! She called to ask where we were all born and it turns out her parents, her brothers, and she were all born in Ruston. Does God ever place those together that he intends! We are proud of Mrs. Camille for joining the corps of gainfully employed!

I did get a few comments on yesterday's blog, but if you are not registered as a blogger, I cannot comment back. Once again, if you would like to blog, I give FREE lessons. It can't be too hard-after all I can do it.



3 comments:

prettyrunner said...

Hey
I hope you realize who prettyrunner was. I do have the blogger accout, I think. That was so nice of you guys to go and do the Boersma's yard. I slept late this morning also. Well have a good weekend.

Ivory

Lora said...

I Knew immediately who prettyrunner was. I eliminated my at once and worked back from there. NO ONE ELSE has those LONG beautiful legs to run with, but our sweet Ivory. No running at 5:30 Saturday?

Lora said...

OK- eliminated me- PROOFREAD before publishing