IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 12, 2007

THAT BRAZEN HUSSY!!!!!

Went out to get the paper early this AM, and what should I discover????Mrs. Deer had been back to see us and consume what was left of the impatience. She had walked within the rock wall-right by the house and eaten those plants to the ground. Mind you these beds are full of flowers, but she obviously has a green tooth for these impatience. She then proceeded to come around the house to the bed in front of our bedroom windows. She must have been getting full, for after eating half of these to the ground, she proceeded to just eat the tops of the flowers and leave the stems. She also ate the leaves off of two hosteas in that bed, but left all of the other different types of hosteas alone. I am a staunch defender of my deer friends, but they may be losing my support, if they are not careful. Too late to replant and too hot and too early to put in fall flowers, we will just have to look at bare spots for a while.

On an upbeat note, "This is the day that the Lord has made and I rejoiced and was glad in it!". Wonderfuly service this AM with a message on spiritual mentoring with Rodney Wood doing the honors. Uplifting and thought-provoking with references taken from Acts using Barnabas and John Mark as examples. Who am I called to mentor and who should I be looking to for mentoring?

Our sweet friend, Ashley, will be leaving Wednesday to move to Baylor. We are excited for her as we know this will be just as wonderful experience for her and it was for Camille. Must pray for her Mom, Janet. It is so difficult to let those daughters leave, even knowing this is what we are called to do.

My friends, Sandra, Sonja, Sheila, & Tracey were walking at the park at 6:30. (It was still 100 deg at 6:00) I had a better invitation to go eat Mexican food with the Boersma's and Anderson's. We had an enjoyable evening and left with a warm feeling of fellowship. We can toss that conversation ball around with the best of them and you never know what subject will come up next.

Tomorrow is another early day. I don't know how long these VERY HOT temperatures are going to last, but I will not miss getting up at these horrible hours. Camille has her first day at work tomorrow. I am anxious to get a report.
Mrs. Camille the career lady! I would love to be there to see her off to work tomorrow, but alas Adam will have to do the honors. HE'S THE MAN!

No comments: