IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, August 11, 2007

BLAST FROM THE PAST

What a great surprise I had today when I saw that our friend, Cynthia, had commented on my blog. What a girl! Classmate of Gabe, babysitter for Camille, and part of our youth back in the good old days when we worked with the youth. How could the combination of sweet and loving the Lord go wrong? Cynthia actually left Big R and went to Kentucky to Cemetery (as our old friend calls it). She has a Masters in Religion or something like that. IMPRESSIVE! Hopefully we will actually eyeball each other at some point, but since I don't drink coffee and she has sworn off running-it will have to be a planned meeting. What's the plan, Cynthia?


Up at the crack of dark this AM, to start our run at 5:30. HOT HOT HOT-78 deg when we started and AS USUAL-HUMID! We did finish that 9, but had some serious walking breaks. When you finish and you could take off your clothes and wring them out-well it has been torture. We actually have runners that speed through the run and are coming back to meet us when we struggle to finish. I AM SO ENVIOUS! I actually got through this day by singing (in my head) a praise song chorus-over and over. When those negative thoughts came creeping in-I purposefully started over. It actually helped! As Babs said, "We were drop dead gorgeous-NOT," when we finished. More like drowned rats. We did enjoy Mrs. Mona's entertainment. She had a choice Monaism, but I cannot figure out how to put it on a public domain spot, so ask me when you see me.


Enjoyed a lazy day after that start. Mr. C and I had a nap, watched a little TV and generally chilled. The man is a HARD WORKER and seriously needs some down time and rest.


Around 7 tonight we noticed smoke all around us and then saw the firetrucks were all by the church next door. They all suited up and then took all 3 trucks and drove off with lights flashing. I am not sure what all of that was about-but no signs of fire.

Tomorrow is the Sabbath. What a blessing to worship without fear and knowing the Lord is present with us. The Sabbath was made for man, not the man was made for the Sabbath, so we will rest in the assurance of His good desires for us.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

How can you not drink coffee? That's so...un-American! Just kidding! We do have other drinks besides coffee...iced teas, hot teas, milk-shake type beverages, juices...

We should plan a lunch or dinner date...I'd like to see that old man of yours too:)