IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 5, 2007

Weekend Fun!






Mr Slug in a sauna


Do you get my drift? Saturday AM run was HOT and STEAMY. I looked like Mr. Slug cruising down the road. Actually made 8 miles, but walked a few hills. JUST GLAD TO FINISH! They should probably have a law against running in LA in August. NOT FUN! After all of the low humidity in Canada, this was a HUGE cultural shock! The big girls (not in size in strength and endurance) made 9 miles, but Babs & I were just glad to finish the 8.

We walked today at the park at 3:30. We wanted to be sure and begin when it was THE HOTTEST part of the day. We went beyond glistening, beyond sweating, to pouring. The bug spray kept the flys off, but the gnats were persistent little varmints. The 5 1/2 miles were slow, but hot has to count for something!

I was surprised to find that I actually lost weight in Canada while eating like a logger. I am not sure if the lack of sleep kicked off my metabolism or if Sonja's difficult hikes were the reason, but I am down a few pounds. Shouldn't take me long to find them when I get back to my more lazy routine and enjoyment of junk food.

Back to our usual routine next week, so I will tell you how we progress as we try to get our flatland legs going again.