IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, May 17, 2009

A WINNER!

As promised, after careful review (eating) we have determined that my latest "Food Blog" find is a winner. I grilled the pork shoulder roast instead of roasting as the blog writer instructed and it was delicious. I ALWAYS use a meat thermometer to determine when to take my meat off the grill. The REAL HIT was the "Strawberry BBQ Sauce". I HAVE NO WORDS! It was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy and the perfect accompaniment with the pork. The blog is "Big Black Dog" and you can click on the site to find it from here.

BC's co-workers will have left-overs tomorrow. I have minced the pork and will send the BBQ sauce with buns for lunch time sandwiches.

I am off to prepare ice cream with warm chocolate sauce drizzle and fresh strawberries. I WILL NEED MY STRENGTH FOR OUR EARLY MORNING RUN!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I am SSOOoooo happy the Roast Pork and Strawberry BBQ Sauce worked out for you.

The Strawberry BBQ sauce is really good and we've enjoyed it more then once. Next I'm going to make it with peaches.