IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, May 2, 2009

NEW SPECIALITY!


The James Family are well known for their diagnostic skills when it comes to illness and injury-and NOT ONLY THAT but we will prescribe (as long as it doesn't take a script) a remedy for you. Although some have stopped, my family always ask Mom or Lora what I think about their ailments. Brother Robbie has the same "Gift" and Momma was well known for her medicine cabinet. I think Brother Noel tries to lay low and deny the inherited gift. The Jameses all fall under that little known but important specialty group of SPD.

SELF PROCLAIMED DOCTORS

Last night I cooked supper for Brooke & Free-a delightful meal of Chicken Creole--I digress. After supper, we were talking about a medical problem that Brooke has been suffering with and the ambiguous diagnosis that she got from her doctor. Adam quickly jumped in and gave his diagnosis. I immediately said, "No, it couldn't be that, because that doesn't cause infection and swelling---I've seen it numerous times." Adam then just CRACKS UP! I asked what is so funny. He then told me he was sure his two years in medical school certainly could not have made him any more qualified than me "A LAYMAN". I TOTALLY agreed. After all countless hours of lecture, labs and study could NEVER come up to a LONG LIFETIME OF EXPERIENCE. If he is not careful, I may start calling him

DR. WHIPPER SNAPPER
!

I have made a list of unfinished projects since I am down to less than a week. I HAVE A BUSY FEW DAYS AHEAD OF ME!

3 comments:

Ann Miller said...

dr. conville...again, #1 SIL just doesn't realize who he is dealing with...i, too, have inherited the "gift", along with my sister. andrew hasn't "realized" his gift yet. add to mine being around medicine all day, almost evert day for 9+ yrs, and i am pretty advanced!!

it takes no expert, though, to see that baby henry is absolutely beautiful and amazing!! he, too, may someday come to realize the "gift".

daddy is back. he said he didn't contract it, yet, but you know if anyone catches it, it will be him...

love and miss!!

Anonymous said...

don't let any of us fool you, we all 'realize' it; some of us are just too proud to admit to it. it- referring to the GIFT we all have!

we LOVE new pics- keep them coming!ej

Deb said...

Here's my diagnosis for you.... too much HOUSE...hahaha!

Tell Adam women's intuition also trumps medical school every time!

Love to all of you....I know this is such a special time and you will cherish it forever.