IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, May 24, 2009

IT'S A GOD THING!

Occasionally God gives us a "little glimpse" of how He is using us and I am always AMAZED!

Thursday night, BC was on his way home from work and saw a man painting stripes on a parking lot . He made the block on a whim and went back to ask the man about painting the stripes on his parking lot for the office. The man and his wife owned their little business and agreed to come and paint BC's lot-----and maybe even the next day.

Meanwhile BC comes home and I am parked on the couch trying to rest and recover and get another big spurt of energy for the thousands of projects I have going. The Mudbug Race in Shreveport was that night, but after some discussion with Buddy, Sonja, I cancelled my trip and stayed home.

BC has scheduled dinner with James and I insisted that he go and beg off tagging along. He leaves and I start vegging out. In a couple of hours, the telephone rings and I HATE TO ADMIT THIS to the whole wide world of the internet, but I DON'T ALWAYS ANSWER THE TELEPHONE----especially when I am dragging! For some reason, I decide I should see what this particular caller needs. IN REALITY, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN SHREVEPORT AND SHOULD HAVE MISSED THE CALL! THE PLOT THIICKENS!!!!On the other end of the line is one of BC's office neighbors. He tells me that the man that is painting the parking lot stripes (RIGHT NOW) needs to talk to BC. THIS GUY HAS GONE BACK TO WORK AFTER HOURS AT SEVEN P.M.---WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT. I tell him I will run him down. I try to call BC, but NO ANSWER (WE ARE BOTH BAD ABOUT TURNING OFF THOSE CELL PHONES), BUT I know James'es cell number and he does answer.

BC goes by the office and the man has finished and done a great job and BC says I will get you a check. The man says, "Do you have any part of it in cash? I have some bills to pay and I need the paint to finish the other job and they will not pay me for two weeks." IT JUST SO HAPPENED that he did have enough cash on him to buy the needed paint.

BC told the painter, "This is God in action," The man replied, "I knew it when I saw you."

The REALLY COOL thing about this story, I was headed to Shreveport and was going even if I was exhausted, because they needed my car for the big group. When I spoke with Sonja and explained how tired I was, she immediately affirmed that I should stay and rest and worked out another big car for the group.

When BC and I compared notes and discovered how God had used us both, WE WERE SO BLESSED. It's the little things and small occasions in our lives that God can do some of his greatest work and then allows us a small glimpse of how he has used us.

2 comments:

Ann Miller said...

amazing! reminds us that we aren't always the ones in charge!! and by the way...we had some inkling about the phone thing!

Deb said...

WOW...glad I woke up and checked your blog...amazing!...but I see God using you guys daily...cuz you want to be used!