IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, May 22, 2009

NAVEL FUZZ


Are you wrapped up in your own navel and the fuzz that might be there?
One of my prayers lately has been that God would help me get my eyes off of my navel. As I was writing this morning, I thought about the "Fuzz" or "Lint" that might accumulate in our navels. I use this only as an analogy-I don't really have "Navel Fuzz" --------well WAIT my eyes are not as good as they once were and I really haven't spent a lot of time "Fuzz Hunting"----oh well IF I DON'T SEE IT---IT MUST NOT BE THERE!
I DIGRESS-----
I get so wrapped up with "My Life" and "My Pain" and "My" "My" "My" that I don't look up. I continue to look down and pick at the "Fuzz" that has accumulated in my life instead of looking up and out at the world. I have always thought "Man's Biggest Sin" was the temptation to make himself a "False Idol". We are tempted moment by moment to focus on ourselves, our wishes, and our world and loose sight of "The Glory" that is all around us.
So----as I shower this AM----I plan to "Wash Away" the Navel Fuzz in my life and FORGET IT! Once I have gone to "the shower" and "washed away " the fuzz -it is GONE HALLELUJAH and once it is gone I chose to "Forget It". "The Shower" washed away the fuzz and it is no more-----it has been removed "As Far As The East Is From The West". I will forget it and Look Up with my eyes to The Heavens from whence the shower comes!

2 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

Thank goodness for that shower. It has releaved me of many heavy burdens. Thank you for that sweet reminder.

Deb said...

When I think of a "navel gazer" you are the last person that comes to mind!

Hey, I am trying to get back into this blogging stuff...I feel a post brewing.