IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, May 14, 2009

BIRTHDAYS AND GROANS!

Today is Nannie's birthday. When I asked her Sunday how old she would be today, she replied, "83". She then told me she didn't know how that had happened. We were laughing about how these birthdays seem to just slip up on you. We don't really feel much older, but when we hear the number that goes with the day-"WELL GASP! THAT SOUNDS SOOOOOO OLD!" We will be going over to celebrate with cake and ice cream late this afternoon. You know we are all headed to the place that Nannie and Pappaw are now-Supper at 4:30---bed by 6:30. That leaves a SMALL window for partying!

As I vowed while in PA, I am getting serious about my working out again! Monday it was storming-so I had to put off my plans for a day---but I believe I am making up for lost time now. Tuesday, we met for our Monday run-5 miles. I was determined to run at least 3 and ended up running the entire 5 miles. Pretty happy with the distance-but will not discuss the time! I had pains in both legs and wondered WHAT WAS I THINKING! We then walked about another mile to loosen up those tight muscles.

Larry & I decided to run our normal Wednesday run the next day -------NOT THAT I AM OCD or anything! Wednesday runs are HARD and very hilly. With the first step I KNEW I WAS IN TROUBLE! I finished, but had to walk two of the biggest hills and my time WAS WORSE than Mondays. NOW WHY DID I THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO RUN TWO DAYS IN A ROW---WHEN I NEVER DO THAT! Add to that equation the weeks upon weeks that I have been off since the middle of February. WHAT WAS I THINKING?????

This morning we walked a few miles and then lifted weights. I have not been in the weight room since January 08. This is a recipe for disaster. I am thinking about Saturday I will need a winch to pry my butt out of the bed or out of the chair. I AM DETERMINED to get going again and back in shape. Time off is never a GOOD IDEA, but I may have pushed the limit and NOW --- Well Now I Am PAYING THE PRICE!

5 comments:

Hannah Lee said...

You can do it! You can do it! You are an inspiration!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Give Nanny a hug for me:)

Anonymous said...

But doesn't it feel so good to be so sore from exercising?! I love it because I know I'm just getting stronger. There's something so satisfying about not being able to move normally because you've worked out so far. It is far preferable to the pain associated with injury, believe me! Good luck getting back up to speed!

Melanie said...

Maybe the cake and ice cream will help!

Deb said...

Hope you had fun....I like this pic of the Convilles.