IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, May 11, 2009

I'LL TAKE THE CREDIT!

Well back in good old LA. ALL I heard from the "Running Buds" while in Cheery Erie was how HOT and HUMID and MISERABLE they all were. So----even though it took a couple of days to catch up with me----I take full credit for the cooler and wet weather in LA now. From the look of my yard and flowers, I think there must have been plenty of rain while I was gone, but this nice cooler weather blew in with me from the FAR NORTH!

I had a nice weekend resting and recuperating since BC had not only cleaned house, but also had the yard and all surfaces nice, neat and orderly. We then had time to visit with each other, friends, and family during the weekend. Since I am afflicted with OCD, if things are not as they should be when I come home from any trip-even a day trip-I go into overdrive getting it all in order and lined up again. I am thankful for a sweet and thoughtful hubby-who even though he has been really sick-saw that all this was done.

We have spoken with Camille everyday and they seem to be surviving just fine without Momma Lulu. That is just as it should be! They seemed to have worked out a system even before I left. I have noticed from Camille's blog that they seem to not be eating from the "Meal Plan" that I left them with. I LEAVE AND THEY IMMEDIATELY BEGIN DOING IT THEIR WAY!

Ruston seems to be pretty close to the same although some construction projects have been finished and some new ones begun while away. BC keeps reminding me of how long I was gone. The really strange thing is I feel like in many ways it was a really short time and that all was on hold while in Erie. The world never stands still and life goes on-with or without us, but in our mind it all stopped. I am always surprised when I discover that everyone just kept going forward with their lives and time did not stand still.

I am cooking one of the recipes I discovered on line while in Erie. It calls for sweet Italian sausage. While we all thought it was delicious in Erie, where they are famous for their Italian sausage. Something tells me the "Jimmy Dean" EYE-TALIAN bulk sausage may not QUITE BE THE SAME! DUH-REALLY!

2 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Eww, Jimmy Dean? So not the same! I will ship you some real sausage from the Polish Butcher Place.

Anonymous said...

Goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway.....I'M GLAD YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT...I know Camille, Adam, and Little Henry are going to miss having you there.


Goosie