IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, May 4, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #1!

Of the things that I have done in my life, perhaps the thing I have done best is have 3 wonderful children.  The World is a better place with them in it!  Today is #1's birthday.  On their special day, I always take time to reflect on each of them and the blessing they have been in my life.

#1 was born when I was 19, and in many ways-we grew up together.  He was a great playmate.  I always talked with him and treated him like a peer.  He has been carried along almost everywhere I went and his company was always a delight.

# 1 is most like me-personality wise.  Mr. Steady-you can  count on him!  He is a great son, brother, husband, and most important Father.  He fiercely loves his boys and is doing an excellent job of "Fathering".  Just like me, we are not very openly affectionate, but I say talk is cheap-   ACTIONS  are costly.  He will be the one who offers his home, his time, or whatever I need if the time should come.  He is very patient and slow to anger.  He may not verbalize it, but he has a soft heart and sweet love for us all.

A very dry "James Humor" he has the ability to crack me up almost every time I talk with him.  You never know what he will come out with.  He has his wife seems to be a great match.  They feed off of each other's remarks and keep you in stitches.

A talented carpenter - he will tackle almost any construction project or specialty and it always looks great.  His new workshop are reflections of the James obsession for neat and tidy.

A talented-self-taught photographer-I envy his ability to "See" and the flair for "Creativity".  Of the three, he has the best artistic touch in almost everything that he attempts.

In short, he is a "Great Man" and a son that I am extremely proud of-  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BIG BOY!


5 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

YEAH HE IS! Happy Birthday biggest brother. We love you.

Anonymous said...

I could not agree more. Scott is a man I envy and I am proud to call him "my son". He did a lot to help grow me up. May God extend His Rich Blessings to you Scott on this big "Elvis Birthday".

Dad

Ann Miller said...

happy birthday, cousin!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Scott!

(Just in case you might have let this slip by you, you have an AMAZING MOM, whom I dearly love!!!)


Goosie Girl

Gabe said...

Scott just got finished telling me,
"see, 'told you I was the favorite"...