IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WHO'S IN CHARGE AROUND HERE????

WELL, I guess I showed these people! Last night was a REALLY FUN night. First I kept the "Old Lady" up until 11. She then handed me off to my Mom for my late night snack. Well just to fool them about what was ahead, I slept for a couple of hours. UP AND AT'EM----I WANT TO EAT!!!! So after this little tasty treat, I thought I would visit with my Dad for a while----to be specific from 1 to 3. WHAT FUN! I would have him thinking I was going to sleep and then BINGO --the eyes pop open. In desperation, he finally puts me in bed with him and tries to study----I won't have any of that! Finally at 3, my Mom gets the trumpet sound-TIME TO EAT, ELSIE! I then take another little two hour nap. FIVE AM- EGGS AND BACON FOR ME, PLEASE! Mom and I then spent a little quality time together. She seemed a little less than cheery at that time of the morning.

Today these people have insisted that I stay awake or sleep by myself. Forget it! I want to be held and rocked and sleep when I want to! They need to figure out just who is in charge around here! Just to prove my point, I hosed down three different outfits today and one of my Papa's shirts. That'll show 'em!

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

God love him! I am SURE he will get better at sleeping during the night and take some good naps during the day....just takes a lot of time! Hopefully sweet C knows it WILL get easier. I'd have 3 more babies if I could not go through the first 3 months and if they weren't so expensive;)!

Deb said...

Oh my gosh....I remember all of that stuff. I really was getting frantic cuz there seemed to be no schedule at all and when folks told me to "get him on a schedule" I would feel worse, cuz I just I didn't want him to cry and be hungry or sad or lonely or....
Yep, hang in there until the fourth month and things get much better!

Marylou said...

Oh dear...I'm only laughing b/c I've been there!! Hang in there...it will get better.