IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, May 7, 2009

PARTING IS SUCH SWEET SORROW!

The day has finally arrived and my bag is packed for I am off to Louisiana tomorrow.  There is a part of me that would like to permanently unpack and settle in, but that is not the way things should be.  It is time for The Little Jennings Family to live life as 3 and oh yes, Powers.  

I leave knowing that they are going to be fine and not just fine but wonderful.  I have already witnessed them in action.  Henry came into the world with an aura of love glowing around him that is a blessing beyond measure.  He is the "Apple of their Eye" and the center of their universe.  This is how it should be for now and they intuitively knew that.  

Camille told me that this had been a bigger adjustment than she imagined.  We all understand what she is saying, but she has never looked back but embraced the difference.  She and Adam are a wonder to behold when they interact with Henry J and it does my heart good to watch them with him.

They are surrounded by a community of friends and Erie-ites that have welcomed them into their lives with warmth.  From next door neighbors, to small groups, to friends from work, to fellow students, and to readers of their blog I have been amazed at the out-pouring of good wishes and kind words.  Being so far, it helps to know they have many to call upon in times of need or loneliness.

I have once again watched their love for one another and their concern for each other.  It is a rare and beautiful thing.  The care and love they share and their times together have molded them into one.   They have done a grand job of leaving and cleaving.

The most important reason I am able to leave is that I know they are in the hands of God.  I know he is the center of their lives and their marriage.  His love shines through and reflects from their love.  That love spills over onto Henry as he is prayed for and blessed every day by both of them.

It will not be easy to board that plane tomorrow, but it is as it should be.  I leave them in the perfect protection of God and in the warm hands of Erie.  

Until we meet again---

7 comments:

SND said...

That was just beautiful reading your blog as I wipe my tears away. I know how much you will miss them and how much they will miss you. At times it is as hard being a grandparent as it is a new parent. Kiss sweet Henry for all of us Rustonites. Take care traveling and we can't wait to see you.

Deb said...

Yep....made me cry, too. I know it is so hard to go....but you are right...it is the way it is suppose to be. I promise they will miss you! (I remember when my Mom went back to PA after two weeks!) Be careful traveling. We are praying for your safe travel and are anxious to see you!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

That gave me chills b/c I have been thru it with my own mother. You are such a sweet mom and Camille is bound to be the same with her children. Come back to Erie soon! Safe travels.

Brooke & Freeland said...

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont leave!!!!!!!! We didnt get to see you again ... you know you are leaving us too right??? :) I called Camille yesterday to see if I could come by before you leave but Im not sure what time you are leaving??? Just know that we will miss you being around too - and hurry back up here so we can all do it again!

Bethany said...

You will certainly be missed. Take care and hope to see you again soon.

The Tylers said...

That was the SWEETEST message I have ver heard. Well said and well done, Mama LuLu. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

We miss you already. Thank you, Mom. We love you.