IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, May 29, 2009

CRYING SKIES!

GREETINGS FROM ERIE!

I made the "Round the World" trip to Erie with little incident yesterday.  You get what you pay for and when you buy a cheap ticket-you should expect a little inconvenience.  THAT'S OK-I'M HERE!

I was greeted by clouds and misty rain which seems to be hanging on this morning.  Could this be where the name "Dreary Erie" comes from?  I see from the local weather channel (MTV for Senior Citizens) the clouds should be lifting around noon and the sun reappearing.

It was all I could do at the airport to not snatch Henry out of the car seat.  I did practice restraint and wait until we got home since the car seat has lots of clasps and straps.  I found the "Little Family" all doing well and settling into parenting.  

As I write the "Little Momma" is sleeping for a while as I watch Mr. Henry sleep after a little Momma Lulu time.  Adam has dashed out the door for his first fly fishing trip in a LONG TIME.  I noticed when I got here that he had his kayak on top of the truck, which was full of fishing gear and a proverbial banquet on the table to take with him.  I told Camille I was a little suspicious of just HOW LONG he planned to be gone with that much food.

Henry?-------Well Henry is growing BIG TIME.  He has more little creases and a very solid feeling body.  He seems to be very serious and pensive most of the time although a coo does accidentally escape occasionally.  I know I am his grandmother-BUT -he really is a cute baby.

Poppa Bob is on his way for a slightly shorter stay, but we will take what we can get from the busy man.  I know when he hits the door today, my holding time will be severely limited.  That is alright-I will still be here when he hits the skies again.

For now I am looking at the yard and thinking of all the things I would like to do-but I PLAN TO KEEP MY PRIORITIES STRAIGHT.  Henry comes first!  The weeds can wait!

So all you Erieites if you run into a slow talking with a slight (you be the judge?) drawl-be kind and give me a greeting.  Be careful though about starting a conversation----unless you want to here all about my 3 grands!

4 comments:

Ann Miller said...

i know camille was so excited to see you!! and adam and henry, too, but to have your momma there is so special. she can sleep peacefully, knowing her baby boy is in the loving (and capable!) hands of his mamma lulu!! have fun and be safe in those skies!! love and miss!! hope to see you next weekend. it's madeline's bday and we will be in town for the weekend.

The Kiser's said...

welcome back to Erie Momma Lulu. Hope you brought some of that warm air with you!!

Bethany said...

Welcome back to Erie! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!

Deb said...

We are sorry your trip was a pain.... but it probably beats riding with a pup and a piano. haha. Seriously, you would have gone "first class" in the front seat if you would have come along.

Enjoy that Henry time!