IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, May 3, 2009

WHAT HAPPENS?

We are born sinful or so the scriptures tell us.  When looking at this face, that is difficult to imagine.  Henry is perfectly content once he is full and has a dry diaper.  What happens to this sweet innocence as we grow up?  The World-that is what happens.

Somewhere along the path of maturing, we become dissatisfied with what we have.  If you watch even very young children playing, they always want what someone else has and not what is right in front of them.  DISCONTENT!  They snatch away the other's toy and then the crying starts and usually everyone ends up crying.  We seem to not care that another will get hurt, we just want what we want from a very early age.  

When we become adults, the "Toys" come with "Grown Up" consequences as we cast aside what we have and grab for what we think we want.  Are we Ever content?  Does it not matter whom we hurt along the way.  The Scriptures teach us over and over the lessons to be learned from our greed and yet we never learn. We just keep on snatching and grabbing and stomping over the feelings of those that come between and what we want.  We live in a Fallen World!

I am clinging to Henry's innocence and sweetness and love hearing his Dad praying for him EVERYDAY that God would claim him as a Great Man of God.   I am so thankful for the wonderful Gift of Grace that I have received and cling to words and promises such as this to sustain me and give me hope for Henry's future:

"In this you greatly rejoice, though for now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire, may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."   I Peter 1:6-7 

4 comments:

Deb said...

It is so hard to look at that sweet, angelic face and realize this child is also a son of Adam ....no not Jennings...and all those sweet baby girls are daughters of Eve. I can understand why the humanists just don't get it. God had to open my eyes for me before I really understood.

Baby Henry is being steared toward the answer to this dilema through Adam's and Camille's prayers. He is a blessed baby boy for sure! (And yes adorable to boot!)

Hannah Lee said...

So Sweetly put, Mrs. LC. You are a wonderful grandmother and I know there will be plenty of prayers sent Henry J's way. I too pray that Jackson will become a great man of God one day. It is a prayer I will pray forever and ever for Henry as well...

Anonymous said...

Henry is such a blessed baby....just think of all the people praying for him every day..and his dad's prayer....AWESOME.

I know your time is dwindling down up there...enjoy every single second...even the diaper duty!

Luh ya---Miss ya!! Goosie Girl

Marylou said...

Mrs. Lora- read this post from another blog I like...really reminds me of what you posted...and makes me sad that I can't protect Tristyn & Henry and keep them innocent forever!
http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2009/04/512-thinking-youre-naked.html