IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, August 31, 2010

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN, JIGGITY, JIG

I always quoted the above when driving into home with my children. I am saying it now. We are home--and my head is spinning just a little from the plane ride.

I have ONLY one thing to say tonight----

An Open Statement to all plane riders.

WHEN you deboard the plane, it is common courtesy to deplane from front to back. If you find you are short on time to catch a connection, then tell those that you are bounding in front of your problem with a courteous-I'm sorry---Please excuse me! DON'T JUST GO PUSHING YOUR WAY TO THE FRONT! If you just like to get off the plane, ASAP, THEN get a seat up front! It seems there is a LACK of common courtesy and manners among some that travel.

When we landed at Monroe, Camille commented that it was so wonderful to have a kind Southern gentlemen offer assistance as she struggled with a baby and carseat cart. Yes---good manners are alive and well still in the South. I am thankful for Southern Mothers that insisted their sons be gentlemen!

No comments: