IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, August 7, 2010

GOOD NEWS ON THE DILLO FRONT!


GREAT news---no critters in the trap this AM! My friend, Sheila, reports that the dillos start coming to your yards once it gets dry here. We had a very wet June and enough rain to suffice in July----but the end of July & beginning of August it turned not just dry but like an OVEN. The ground gets hard in the woods and the dillos have to work harder than they care. SO they come to our well watered and softer yards---EUREKA Grubs al la Garden!
The past two days we have had some serious rain---6 inches according to Mrs. G's rain gauge. SO---Sheila informs me the dillos should stay in the woods again for a while! GOOD THING FOR THEM-----friend, Steph has renamed me the Charles Manson of Dillo Killing! WHATEVER---since my husband has named me the Wicked Dillo Witch ---WHY NOT Charles Manson. YOU PEOPLE ARE SO UNKIND! I'm just trying to protect the beautiful garden!
NO MORE DILLO POSTS FOR A WHILE-----FRANKLY I'VE GROWN WEARY OF THE SUBJECT!

2 comments:

Gabe said...

I'm sure your neighbors will miss those AM shootings.

Deb said...

peace in the valley!e