IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, August 1, 2010

ARE YOU GREEN?

For a LONG time, I have been recycling anything I could. Unfortunately we do not have a very good system of recylcing here in Lincoln Parish. I save my plastic bottles and cans and newspapers and take to the recycle center. I have begun making my own mulch (that's a blog for another day). I pass on any clothes I have not worn for a year. I try to limit my use of limited resources.

What are your ideas for "Being Green"? I am interested in hearing ways that I have not thought of . Help me, if you can, to save, conserve, and prolong those resources for our grands and great-grands to come. Give me your ideas.

1 comment:

kjds said...

I have stopped using any paper products in my ktichen, namely paper towels and napkins. Instead I bought inexpensive cloth napkins from Target and use old washcloths, etc. for spills and cleaning in the house. The bigger one we tackeled was cleaning products -- I use white vinegar and water to clean most things (it disinfects!) and then Simple Green for the rest. The only place these don't work is in the shower/tub, where I use Mrs. Meyers Clean Day scrub. It does me good knowing I am not breathing in anything toxic!