IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, August 21, 2010

SHOCK THERAPY


When you get a text before 5 AM that one of your good running buddies is "Not Coming", can I tell you HOW TEMPTED you are to climb back into that bed! OH BUT after climbing back into that bed my OCD took over and I drug myself out that door ANYWAY!
Now I may be OCD, BUT I've got buddies that make me look quite NORMAL in comparison to them. We start our Saturday run from the SAME PLACE each and every Saturday. We normally take the SAME ROUTE each and every Saturday. TODAY--after beginning our usual 1 mile warm up through the streets of downtown, I talked them into a variation. IN FACT---we TOTALLY deviated from the Norm.
We literally took an entirely different route---which we decided upon as we ran. WHAT A RELIEF! This helps MORE than I could ever tell you. You don't know and cannot anticipate what is coming---it was no out and back---that was GREAT! We just meandered around until we had our mileage in. I LOVED IT!
More than likely we will be back to the same old same old---but for today----even in the sweltering heat---it was a delight!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Any change is positive at first glance....it takes time to know if the change is good or not. Give it another try.