IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Thursday, January 1, 2009

START THE NEW YEAR WITH A GOOD BOOK!


I started the New Year by reading a book-"Same Kind of Different As Me". A true story, as told by Ron Hall & Denver Moore,it is a wonderful read. It is truly amazing that every book I have read in the last four months has pointed me to God and His love for us. The book is based in Red River Parish, Louisiana and Fort Worth, Texas-familiar grounds for this reader. The authors do a great job of drawing a verbal picture of these parts of the country. An amazing true story of two people from very different walks of life and how God converges their lives and all for His glory. A sad story, but a story of how God uses the most unsuspecting of us to serve His purpose. Redemption and sanctification run concurrently all through the pages. I was left with the desire to live my life better and the affirmed knowledge of who is in charge and who directs our lives. Denver's uneducated words ring strangely profound as God once again uses a Moses-like personality to achieve His goals.
The story starts slow, but soon I found myself unable to put the book down. Had to keep coming back, in between cooking black eyed peas and cornbread, to read the next chapter. Before I knew it, I was through the book-amid tears and smiles. A wonderful book, that Babs loaned me-I plan to buy my own copy. What greater praise than I am sure I will reread this and grow with each reading. I strongly recommend you read this and be inspired.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my favorites this year. really makes me look at each person as an individual and a person with a soul, feelings and ready for God in their lives. Keeps us humble to know that we are all "same kinda different as me" yes a must read. Helen

Anonymous said...

that book is AMAZING!! I was tipped off by my sweet fort worth roomie and read it in almost an entire day at the beach :)

Hannah Lee said...

Well, you got me intrigued. Sounds like it is fabulous! Can't wait to read it!

Deb said...

As soon as Jim finishes his I will borrow it!

Anonymous said...

Lisa loaned it out to me in the fall. One of my favorite books!

Chrome Cowgirl