IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, January 24, 2009

COOKING WITH # 2

I love to cook, but I especially love to cook when cooking with those that I love. # 2 is home for the weekend and we cooked Crawfish Etouffe together for dinner. While # 2 peeled the crawfish, I chopped the veggies. I cooked the roux while he was finishing up and then added the veggies. The last step was adding the crawfish and a little tomato paste. While that simmered we slowly added chicken stock and cooked that down for several minutes. IT WAS DELICIOUS! If you would like the recipe, let me know. Crawfish season has just begun here in LA and will continue until July. I am not fond of crawfish alone, but love them cooked in a dish such as this. We all enjoyed etouffee, salad and french bread. DELICIOUS!

Giving instructions while # 2 is stirring.
It requires a lot of stirring

Here is the roux, veggies, and tomato paste

After adding the chicken stock and before cooking down


ANTICIPATION! Our encourager and chief bottle washer





Crawfish Etouffee over rice/salad with vinaigrette (in a bottle-no less) and french bread
with a side of chardonnay.








6 comments:

adrian seney said...

Looks yummy!! Glad you are visiting with No.2. Enjoy yourselves. Love y'all!!

adrian seney said...

BTW, I love your hair.

Hannah Lee said...

LOVED LOVED seeing you Friday at lunch! I am with Adrian...love that hair! That dish looks wonderful and I will have to try that soon!

Ann Miller said...

ditto on the hair!! who would have thought that sweet little toe-headed boy would grow into such a sweet grown up boy!! i can't believe...and he can cook, at that!!

Anonymous said...

Must you wear a vest when preparing and eating this dish?
JK Looks delicious!

Chrome Cowgirl

Melanie said...

Can I come over for dinner? The food pictures always get me.