IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, January 30, 2009

I HAVE BEEN INSULTED!

While floating around in the "Blog-a-sphere" this morning, I ran across a web-site that rates the level your blog is written on. The blog I found it on was rated college level, so I thought,
"Hey wonder where I stand." I AM SO INSULTED! It seems the brains that put together this survey have me on a "Junior High" Level. WELL!

Did I EVER even once discuss bodily functions? Have I ever been mean spirited? Have I spent all of my time running on and on and on about me-myself & I? (DON'T ANSWER THAT!) To get down to the junior high level, you have got to go REALLY basic! They have just gone from fully wet behind the ears to still damp. Could I be on that level?

I have a BS in accounting, I passed the CPA test, I AM NO DUMMY! Now perhaps I should go back and start all over and begin blogging about the complexity of inventory tracking systems or expound on the Tax Code or even HEAVEN FORBID! give another post or two on stock trading. YOU WANT TECHNICAL & HARD TO UNDERSTAND? I CAN GO THERE!

Then I reflected back on the writing courses I took while in college. Every writer knows-the KISS method. You know Keep It Simple Stupid! We don't write to impress everyone with our superior intellect, we write to tell a story, convey a thought, or entertain those that are reading. Hopefully that is just what I have done. If it is too simple or easy to understand, is that a bad thing?

INSULT ME-INSULT MY READERS! SO BLAHHHHH TO YOU, RATING SITE! You can take your rating and ------ --!

As a little side note-it was COLD this AM when we ran our 8 miles. I was red cheeked even after driving home! I dressed for the temperatures, and even took off a layer about 3 miles into the run, but your face-what do you do without sweating up a storm to keep your face wam?

6 comments:

Bethany said...

I would definitely not rate your blog on the "Junior High" level. The blog rater is terribly flawed.

Anonymous said...

Who is this blog critic? He is mistaken! Keep posting!

Chrome Cowgirl

Hannah Lee said...

WHATEV! I would like to give that blog critic a piece of my mind. You are an awesome writer. A highlight to my day! DUMB CRITICS!

Gabe said...

The dye is cast...

David "Dutch" Boersma said...

It is likely that the blog analyst is basing his rating on grammar. This is an aspect of your word processor as well, although very few people use same.

So to raise your rating, you need to, like, use some big words, like, and don't make no grammaratical mistakes or like, Miss Spell things.

Deb said...

Like I would expect that for me as those are my "homies". haha. I need to find this place and put my through the test.