IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, January 26, 2009

LORA'S LAUNDRY

Our college adoptee, Meriedth brought her laundry yesterday. I tend to forget until she shows up how college students delay doing their laundry until they are down to the last two stitches they own to wear. It looks like we have had an explosion of Gap, college printed tee shirts, blue jeans, and Banana Republic in front of the washing machine. Meriedth uses hand towels for bathing. Two for each time that she baths-they stack up when you don't do your laundry for a while. For Christmas we got her some bath sheets. I told her that she could stand a little luxury in her life. I love my bath sheets-one of life's little luxuries that make me feel special if only when I am drying off after a shower. Everyone should try one!

I am an accomplished "Laundress". Momma began teaching me how to "Properly" wash clothes when I was about 12. I took over the family laundry duties not long after that and have never looked back. My poor kids have had to endure "Laundry Lessons" from Mom on the proper way to wash clothes. I would bet you the kitchen sink they are all doing it "Their Way" now. IGNORANCE IS TRULY BLISS about certain things!

One thing is for certain, I have washed and dried an entire mountain of clothes in my lifetime. "Cleanliness is next to Godliness!"

2 comments:

adrian seney said...

Caleb does most things around out house, except the laundry. I have a special way and he just does not get it. If I ever have a housekeeper one day, I will still do the laundry. I also remember the night my dad taught me to iron clothes!!

Hannah Lee said...

So you free to come and tackle the mounds of rocketship PJs, baby Gap blue jeans, and T-shirts? Whenever you are ready...just give me a call. Seriously I would love to get some tips from the Laundress!