IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, January 19, 2009

THE TOUCH OF A MIRACLE!

For Camille-
"Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig"

While visiting in Erie, BC & I both had the joy of being touched by a little miracle. Camille invited us to touch her "Baby Tummy" while Baby J was awake and busy. BC has always told me that he should have taught our boys to kick the football. There was money and glory in the
Kicker" and little chance of injury. When BC was taking his turn laying his hand on the tummy, he got a KICK! No slight movement, but a WOW THAT WAS A KICK!

When my turn came, I was reminded of my many races and marathons. One of the fun parts of running these races is all of the sweet little kids that line the race route to "Give you 5!" As you run by it is not a slap, but a passing touch as you continue on down the road. When I took my turn at waiting for a touch, I got the sweetest little passing touch-JUST LIKE GIVING ME 5! I was thrilled!

More to come after I download pictures, but Baby J's Throne Room is well on its way, it was REALLY COLD, it snowed almost the entire time we were in Erie, Camille is growing, but the greatest thrill of the trip was that little thump-Nothing short of a miracle for sure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you 2 nite and also for you to download your photos. I am SO glad you were able to make this trip and see your sweet baby girl..and to "touch" Baby J. You are right....that is one lucky lil feller!

Goose Creek

Jessica Stephenson said...

That was my favorite part of being pregnant; feeling that little baby move around. It is such a miracle. Glad you had such a fun trip. Did you bring some of that snow back with you?

the Jennings secede from the South said...

He was going nuts today! He's kicking right at my belly button- not too long til it pops, maybe!

Hannah Lee said...

I firmly believe that baby will remember his Grandma's voice! I know it seems kind of silly talking to a belly, but it works! Glad you made it home safe! Can't wait to see pictures!