IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, January 4, 2009

A SURE SIGN!

A sure sign that the Holidays are really over is a clean refrigerator. Today after church, the deed was done! Out went all of the Holiday leftovers and we are back to a healthy diet- Well a pretty healthy diet. I did finish off the last of the tea cakes -WHY THROW AWAY SOMETHING I LOVE SO MUCH!

The life turnover included cleaning out half the garage cabinets. It seems the refrigerator bothers me-but the garage was pushing BC's button. So since I am the yard girl and know what I need and don't, that means I have to cull or not. The rest of the cabinets will have to wait until next week.

While on a roll, we also took down all of the outside Christmas decorations. They are all neatly tucked away and waiting for another Christmas. Now just driving up, you would never know we had Christmas a mere few short days ago.

Our Sunday message was the beginning of the study of I Kings-the first chapter. A lesson in how God can nudge an infirm, old man and use him to raise up the next ordained leader of Israel. A reminder of Bethsheba who has been cast aside and silent for 20 years, and yet God uses her to influence her old lover, David. David, having promised his throne to their son Solomon, had to be reminded of the promise, but remained true to his word. The chapter is divided among those that are full of themselves and jumping on board without thought of God's plans and those that have sought God's direction and allowing themselves to be used in His plans. A great man of God, David-even on his bed of infirmity declares his praise for the One True God. A wonderful God inspired lesson and a great beginning to the study of His inspired Word and God's continual work of redemption of His people .

4 comments:

adrian seney said...

I enjoyed today's message, too! It was good to see you and BC.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

There is this Francine Rivers book about Bathsheeba that is so good.

Deb said...

I was really in the mood to clean today, too. Instead I was teaching map skills. Yesterday, I threw out a big garbage bag full of stuff.....stuff off book shelves (old notebooks and God only knows what!), but I dug around and found some books to fill the empty spaces...haha. At least they are no longer stacked by my bed.

Hannah Lee said...

I just finished cleaning out my refrigerator too! That was long overdue! Somehow, I can't part with the Snickers and M & M's though.