IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, January 17, 2009

EVEN THE SMALL DETAILS!

It has been a wonderful day in Erie!  I could not go to bed without sharing a story.

We went to Babys R Us to equip Baby J's nursery.  Being Grandparents and novice parents, we did not realize that you had to order the Baby Furniture, they do not keep it in stock.  We walked to the section with all of the beds, and C & A pointed out what they liked.  It was beautiful, but I wanted to look around (you do remember the story of looking at EVERY tree at the Christmas tree farm before making a decision).  The salesman then told us you have to order the bed and it will arrive in 7-10 days.  Disappointment!  I wanted to get this nursery together while here this weekend.  I said let's look around and talk it over. I spotted a bed that I really liked, but not in the wood they had picked out.  I then spotted a couple of flaws in the bed.  I told BC to talk with the man and see-since it had a couple of dings, if we could buy that bed and take it home with us. Even BC could not talk the salesman into that.  We resigned ourselves to ordering the furniture and the Jennings being left with the chore of putting it together without us.  The man goes to his computer to order the furniture and LOW and BEHOLD they actually have that bed and the glider we want ON HAND!  We had to order the ottoman and chest, but we had a bed, mattress, and glider to bring home.  Once again God has shown be that He cares about even the small details in my life.  By pointing me to a bed that was not ANYTHING like what they thought they wanted, they now have a bed that they love and it stands assembled (after SIL & Poppa Bob's assembly)  and ready for us to accessorize tomorrow.  WHAT A WONDERFUL REMINDER OF HOW HE CARES ABOUT THE DETAILS IN OUR LIVES!


We went to the grocery to pick up items that I would need for a little Southern cooking and one of the blog readers spotted us.  I am sorry that we did not get a chance to meet, but glad he spotted us enjoying a GREAT grocery store.  The only thing that I thought was not up to "Primo" in Wegmans was the meat department.  It was alright, but with the rest of the grocery being Superb-I was disappointed with that one section.  OH HOW I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A GROCERY LIKE WEGMAN'S at home!

I struck up a conversation with another shopper while shopping.  I left the check out line with quite a bit of her social history.  Perhaps people are the same everywhere.  It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to tell you, if you will just stop and listen.

I had a little teary moment when trying to tell Camille that I don't slow down long enough to know how much I miss her until I am with her.  She is a "Gem"!  Such a sweet spirit, Baby J is one lucky baby!  Her Dad got to feel a little kick tonight.  We really are going to have a Yankee Grand baby!

It has warmed up to 19, but the wind-well there are no words.  We watched it snow all afternoon, but it is warm by the fire.  Truly it is beautiful!  Pictures are coming! 

6 comments:

The Tylers said...

SO GLAD you found a bed and isn't God amazing! I know y'll will have a great time accessorizing tomorrow! Fun Times:)

Hannah Lee said...

My heart has melted. It is such an incredible blessing that you and Camille are getting to share such precious memories together! Babies have an unbelievable way of bringing everyone closer together. Even the closest closer. HAVE FUN!

Anonymous said...

That's what you really need too is a crib, mattress and glider! How nice. So happy for all of you. Be sure to get some sponge candy for him because to me that is Erie.

Anonymous said...

That is funny...that is EXACTLY what happened to us. I guess cause' we were so fortunate (like you guys) I forgot to mention to camille about ordering ahead of time- whoops! Glad it all worked out and can't WAIT to see everything!!! :)

freakface said...

1) Name of the Italian place of which you speak?
2) Weather Sunday was AWESOME! We were snowboarding at the Peek all day. Lots of fresh powder (as in coming down pretty hard on us while we were up there).

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Isn't wegmans great! I miss that store also........nothing compares to Wegmans and a true "Whole Foods"....