IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, January 17, 2009

NORTHERNERS ARE FRIGID!

We made it all the way up here to the FROZEN NORTH.  It was COLD up here when we arrived.  It is REALLY COLD this morning.  When I finally managed to drag myself out from under the warm covers this AM, it was O outside with a wind chill of -23 degrees.  We Southerners do not understand or calculate - numbers.  When you hear the locals in the airport talking about how cold it is-WELL that is enough said.  Flying over the frozen lake is really an experience, but getting off those planes and walking through the frigid air with the wind blowing is an exhilarating experience.  We got our workout sprinting to catch our two plane changes with only minutes to make our change.  I just love to run up to the airline clerk who wants to know where you have been.



We found #1 Daughter & SIL & Powers all doing well-and some are growing!  We have a blank canvas to work with in Baby J's room and after lunch, we will commence.  While Camille is away at a shower this AM, I am making nursery lists and grocery lists.  You KNOW when Momma comes to town Momma cooks for you!  Chili & Chicken Creole are on the menu for the next two nights with a definite Texas-Louisiana twist.  GET OUT THE PEPPERS!










We have found a really good restaurant here in Erie.  A small, but quaint locally owned Italian eatery.  Our food was delicious-NO Olive Garden Fare-THE REAL DEAL!  We may have found "The Place" to eat while in Erie.








I have my layers on and I am ready for our outing.  I definitely need BOOTS-but hope to live through two days without them.  You look a little ridiculous in LA with snow boots on when the sun is shining and it it 60 degrees.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented in a while but I love the posts about Erie, of course! Just wondering what the restaurant was? Glad you are there to help Camille get all ready for the baby. She clearly has a great mom and that means she will be a great mom also!!!

The Kiser's said...

Hello Old Lady Athlete:

this is Mr. Kiser. I saw you guys today getting your food at Wegmans. I actually work there part time in addition to my full time. Didn't get a chance to come up and talk b/c I was wrestling with some Rotisserie chickens. Hope you are staying warm!!

Anonymous said...

Rotisserie Chicken Wrestling? Is that legal?

Chrome Cowgirl