IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, December 14, 2008

TACKY CHRISTMAS??????

Our college adoptee, Meriedth, came by to get dressed for her "Tacky Christmas Party" last night. This seems to be a new thing that is going around with the younger set-since Camille has also gone to a "Tacky Sweater" party the past two years. It seems these fun lovers comb the local thrift and used clothing shops for "Just the Right Outfit". The tackier the better. Meriedth had been to two local shops and come away with some lovely finds.

A GENUINE POLYESTER shirt WITH RUFFLES in red with skinny jeans in another color red and topped by a LOVELY polyester vest with tie in back and a different colored red Christmas ornaments adorning it. She had found some lovely earrings-but I KNEW THE PERFECT pair of earrings.

I loaned her my "HEIRLOOM" Christmas earrings that Camille gave me as a little girl. A long line of gift boxed which drape-literally-down to your shoulder. They are PRECIOUS to me and I have a blood signed promise I will get them back. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN I MIGHT NEED THEM!
The earrings and PLEASE NOTE-the blue eye shadow. The camera just did not catch the true beauty of it all!
These girls are going to a LOT of trouble to achieve the tacky that I can put together with really no effort at all! Need help with tacky?-Just give me a call-FEE CONSULTATIONS!

10 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Ha! I bet I've given you quite a few pairs of earrings that would've worked for that party!!!

adrian seney said...

I have heard this is popular among the young crowd! Too funny!! Y'all are great "adoptive" parents.

Laura said...

I just heard of these Tacky Christmas Sweater parties this year. I have yet to go to one, but it sounds like LOTS of fun! ANY reason to get together is fun for me!!

Deb said...

Probably anything from my "Christmas wardrobe" would have been a hit. hahaa...School teachers are famous for their Christmas get ups.

I love those earrings! Camille has always had FAAABULOUSSS taste!

Bethany said...

That outfit is pretty much amazing and would have out-done Camille's tacky Christmas sweater that included shoulder pads.

Anonymous said...

Dang....your student has stolen my thunder. That is the SAME outfit I have spent hours putting together for your party (which is NOT a tacky party)Thursday!!!!


Goose Creek

Anonymous said...

I made it to your blog! I'm so excited! Love you!

freakface said...

Um, so those are NOT the height of current fashion trends? I should, um, NOT be buying such things for my spouse?

Crap.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know Meredith did NOT get her fashion sense from me! Thanks for being such a good mom away from home for her!!!

Becky Andrews said...

That's funny - sounds like fun.