IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, December 10, 2008

AM I A COLD WEATHER RUNNER?

Here we are at the Race for the Cure with Lisa in October. Note the shorts and warm weather clothes. Today was a COLD day-a really cold day when you headed north and the wind hit you in the face. For some strange reason, my times are getting much better with these colder temperatures. I am not sure I understand why, but I will just accept it. My time for today's harder- really hilly run was the best it has been by over 2 minutes. I had three miles under 10 minutes and one of those a 9:30. The other two-warm up mile-was under 10:30 and really hilly mile-just over 10. Not sure I understand where this speed came from, but I was chasing Babs and Jennifer-AS USUAL!

I am wrapping up the decorating and will post pictures of what I have done. I have to wrap up and go OUT in the cold to finish a couple of things. Then I will give you the highlights of what I have done. Christmas is coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot BELIEVE how good your time was! I can see now that I'll be chasing you Saturday!!!! I did run today....my run was flat flat flat, and I DID end up running 9:30 minute miles....but that was just the last 1/2 miles of 3.5 miles! I ran out of time! I'll do better tomorrow (hopefully!)


Goose Creek

the Jennings secede from the South said...

good! I'm ready to see some documentation!!!

Hannah Lee said...

You go girl! Keep it up Speedy!

Elisha Leigh said...

Your brain instantly clicks into survival mode the instant you step in the wind! Go you for your excellent time!!

Anonymous said...

my cold weather runs are consistently faster than my warm weather runs. my theory is that the colder you are while running, the faster your body goes because it's trying to stay warm. heat and the associated sweat makes me lethargic and thus slows down my runs.