IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, December 28, 2008

SUNDAY REFLECTIONS!

Brother Len inspired us all this morning as he used "2 Timothy 4:6-8" as his scripture source.

"For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day-and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing."

Paul was reflecting back over his 30 years of ministry and examining the life that is, the life that has been, and the life to come. What an inspiration Paul is to us all-truly a great man of God. As a runner, I am especially moved by finishing the race. Len pointed out the importance of keeping the faith as we strive for the goal. He told us of a retreat leader telling a group of 300 men that he hoped 5 of them "Kept the Faith" until the end. A stark reminder of our human weakness and frailty and propensity to sin.

We were given an Exam based upon Paul's Faithfulness:

1. What's going on in your life-right now?
2. Where is your best energy focused?
3. Where is your life going?
4. What captivates your heart?
5. What's your view of the future?

Two notable quotes during this part of the message:

"If you are not careful, you will end up where you are headed."

"What gets us off course- the entangling effects of sin."

Closing the message out, Len told a story of a woman who asked to be buried with her Bible in one hand and a fork in the other. When asked, "Why the fork?", she replied whenever someone whispered to me to keep my fork after a great meal, I always knew something better was coming. After all have passed by my coffin and their curiosity is peaked-tell them this story and "That Something Better IS Coming".

I am counting on it and "Long for his appearing."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best is yet to come!

Chrome Cowgirl