IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, December 2, 2008

LEFT OVER HAM-NO PROBLEM!

I found a new sandwich recipe for that left over ham from Thanksgiving. It was yummy! Between this and a casserole recipe I made tonight, unfortunately the ham is all gone.



4 slices ham-chopped into small pieces

1 apple (I used a Granny Smith for tartness)-chopped with peeling

a little mayo

2 slices cheddar cheese (we like sharp)

4 slices bread (we always use wheat)does not matter

2 eggs

3 T. milk

2 T. butter



Combine ham, apple and mayo. Spread on one piece of bread and top with cheese. Top with other piece of bread. Dip quickly into egg wash (eggs & milk)-both sides. Brown in melted butter in large skillet-turning after a couple of minutes. Watch this so you don't burn it. I actually turned it several times. Make sure cheese is well melted.



Next time I make this, I will add sauted onions and peppers. This was good, but we like a little zing with our sandwiches.



QUICK & EASY-YUMMY TO TOP!

1 comment:

Hannah Lee said...

Yum-O! Never thought of apples! Can I just come over and get all your recipes? You feed that family of yours great eatin's!