IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, December 24, 2008

ANNUAL CHRISTMAS RESOLUTION!

Most wait until New Year's Eve to make their resolutions, but I find myself making the same resolve every year just before Christmas. I still have not figured out just how to pull it off, but maybe someday, I will get it done.

Perhaps I am the only one that finds herself in a flurry of last minute activity as "The Day" draws close. I am not sure what could be done about some of the last minute activity. The Christmas Eve chili was made yesterday. There was also last minute grocery shopping and other cooking. What would you do to expedite that?

I always seem to have a few last minute unanticipated gifts to buy. OH BOY-is that fun to get out in the crowds and search through what is left. What could I do to deter that?

There are always gifts that I have not wrapped. A husband that does all his shopping at the last minute and therefore his gifts to wrap. A daughter that lives at the other end of the World and needs her gifts wrapped by her sweet Mom.

Those last minute cards to mail and this year Thank You Notes to write. The list goes on and on. Since I was still wrapping a few gifts at midnight last night, I missed my annual Christmas run. Oh well, there is always tomorrow!

So Merry Christmas, Friends! May the star shine brightly as you search for The King and may your holiday be blessed!

3 comments:

Ann Miller said...

i love how your house feels, especially at christmas. we love and miss you very much. merry christmas!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas, Lora! I hope you have a great day with family and friends!

Anonymous said...

no you are not talking to the hand . I have loved your posts this year- bright spot in my day. Oh to be as on top of things like you are. Have a very merry Christ mas with family and friends. Thanks for being there for us and keeping on kepping on for those of us out here that need true blue. may God bless you on your trip and thru the next year. How can I say thanks. Hb