IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, December 29, 2008

AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Another Christmas has come and gone and I now find myself in my annual pledge to "Do Better". I am reflecting upon the past year as I slowly take down all of the Christmas decorations and clean as I put everything back in order. As a little side-note, I just love trying to find just what I did with all of the "Stuff" that I put away (where I would be able to find it) and put it all back "Where It Goes". It is a slow tedious job, but somebody has got to do it. Somehow it is a lot more fun to decorate everything than it is to put it all away. I am being very systematic this year and doing one room at a time. Putting away in plastic containers that I can actually lift without danger of permanent back damage-color coded by room (SLIGHTLY OCD-just goes along with everything else I do). Next year dragging it all out should at least be a little easier.





Back to the subject, as I do this mindless task, I have been thinking about the past year. I am reflecting upon my relationships at all levels-starting with "The Big Guy" and working down the list. I am making my annual pledge to be a better "Child of The Father", wife, mother, mother-in-law, grandmother, sister, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, and friend.





As I think about what I have done to keep in the best physical shape possible, I have fallen short of the goal. After running a Marathon in January, it all seemed to go downhill. The year coming is the year of the every other year Marathon. Time to get busy again and pick up the slack on my training. I will do better.





Am I the only one that goes over all of this and more at the end of the year? I think not, but you let me know. My friend, Mona, emailed me today her resolve to eat better and exercise more. NOW MONA -everyone knows and we are going to hold your feet to the fire. You can do the same to me.





_____________________________________________________________





BIG NEWS-Mona is going to be a Grandmother! We have got to keep these young women running with us or we are going to become known as the "Running Grannys". What a blessing these Grands are!
Granny MoMo is on the left



I had a really funny post, but alas-something is wrong with my email account and I cannot download the picture that "The Chrome Cowgirl" sent me. It is quite the sight and a great reflection of "Small Town Living". Hopefully tomorrow!



We got up early and ran in the sub-freezing cold this AM. We went early because Larry had to go back to work and then he did not show up. OOOOHHHHH-LARRRRYYYY-YOU ARE IN TROUBLE WITH US! One more five mile run and the year is over! They are rolling by too fast!

5 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

You can come and ponder my life and take down my decorations............

Anonymous said...

Hum, I drove at break-neck speeds Monday morning to get to the CTB @ 5:30am to run with yall & no one was there. What a cruel joke! Speeding would've been fun if I was awake.

Chrome Cowgirl

the Jennings secede from the South said...

That's exciting for Mrs. Mona! Congratulations!

Jessica Stephenson said...

I love the "running Granny's"- that is awesome!

Ann Miller said...

i always take off the last 2 wks of the year to take stock and get organized. what is wrong w/this picture? i have to re-organize every year. it doesn't seem to stick. maybe you could make a flying trip south and help implement some lasting changes!!!