IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, December 7, 2008

SUNDAY REFLECTIONS

Today's message at church concluded our year long study of the book of "Acts". It has been a reminder of the history of the church as well as Paul's incredible zeal for evangelism. Today Brother Len told of us the difficult journey that life is and that in a Fallen World-something is always wrong. We can expect travel woes for the enemy is always attacking us. He encouraged us to not travel alone. Sorrows shared are sorrows halved and joys shared are joys doubled. God has not promised us comfort in this world, but He will be with us-if we only let Him steer as referenced in the above video. The final point was we should all be asset. Everyone has a role and some-such as Paul have many roles. Be a contributor.

God has been teaching me some very important lessons during the past three months. The lessons have been painful, but I have known His presence during difficult days. I have been reminded that He is My Redeemer, and I am His Beloved. My assurance is that His love is beyond reason. I have done nothing to deserve His love and the depth of that love is beyond my comprehension. The World-well The World will Always disappoint us-but He-He is faithful. What a blessing!

2 comments:

Deb said...

At first I thought the song she was gonna sing was Dust in the Wind....ya know that would preach as well, but I guess it would be Ecclesiastes and not Acts!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Amen! I'm glad our hope is not in this world!