IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, December 19, 2008

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

"The Runners" always celebrate our birthdays together. Last night though they outdid themselves and pulled out all of the stops for a WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY! I would ALMOST turn 60 again just to relive a great evening. I must say, I do not know if I have ever had anything nicer done for me. THANKS GIRLS & LARRY!

"THE GROUP Minus Sam (She's so young she has a curfew)

WHO is this person? Seventeen years old-Freshmen in College-1966. Camille they all thought you look just like your Mom-WHAT SAY YE?
They had an entire wall of pictures from my past.
VERY FUNNY SHEILA-REALLY VERY FUNNY!


This is closer to the truth than I would care to discuss!


The table with Mona's famous "Granny Annie's Egg-Nog" and
Yearbooks from my high school years




OH AND THEN DIANNA ROSS & THE SUPREMES SHOWED UP
(They seem to have the same skin problem that Michael Jackson does)
The only group I know that sings with wooden spoons for mics.



The choreography was really something!


Poodle Skirts, BOLD make-up-Really the ENTIRE 60's Get Up!

Susan's tree-Her home is beautifully decorated!



The linen tablecloth and candle treatment-WOW!



NEVER at a loss for words-NONE OF US! There is Sam in the left back.

THANK YOU THANK YOU! I am truly blessed with wonderful friends that I love dearly!
It was a fun evening and a great way to celebrate entering the 60's. Champagne & Cake-WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR IN LIFE!











10 comments:

adrian seney said...

I love the picture of you! I see a strong family resemblance between you and dad. Do y'all look like Jameses or Gillespies?

Bethany said...

Happy birthday!

Hannah Lee said...

Looks like you guys had a blast...as always! I am so glad to see you all behaved ;) HHHHAAAAPPPPYYY BIRTHDAY!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

HOW FUN! I wish I could've been there! Yes, we look like twins, Mom. How funny! Guess I know I will age well!

Your friends love you and so do we!!!

Love,
Camille

Laura said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a great time!

Deb said...

How fun! Babs and Sandra should have had on go-go boots and a micro mini circ 1966.

Oh my gosh....you and Camille are really are twinkies. Amazing!

Anonymous said...

are you sure that is not Camille. goodness just like her it is errie hb

Laura said...

Lora, I haven't been in public practice for ten years and hope (and pray) that I never have to again. I enjoyed the audit work, but not tax. I now work for a hospital and Alise attends a local Catholic school. We plan to move her to another (non-Catholic) private school next year.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

You don't look a day over 42.............Happy Birthday!

Cynthia said...

Love the pics from your party! Sandra told me that she and Babs were dressing the part:)