IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, December 15, 2008

MORE CHRISTMAS ADORNMENT

Alright-only two more days of decoration posts after today, I PROMISE! Today we look at the kitchen and foyer.

The rosemary tree is behind my kitchen sink-it has miniature lights and cookie ornaments on it.
Actually new this year.
This old fashion lantern is #1's. He left it here when moving-finders keepers! I attached live greenery from the ditch and cinnamon sticks with Christmas ribbon. Had the lantern burning for the party.
No Christmas is complete without a tin full of popcorn. Fortunately I only like plain popcorn-so the cheese and carmel will go to waste if you don't come by to see me and partake.

The butler's pantry has angels that have been collected over the years and candles with miniature trees.
The foyer table is topped by pine cone candles and a pine cone wreath above it.

The stairs have a garland which has gold pine cones and a glass container of sticks with a gold ribbon
A Christmas in the woods!
Today's 5 miler was miserable. When the temperature is 68 at 5:30, you know you are in for a fun run. About 2 minutes slower than last week, I blame the weather and no supper last night. (I could not bear the thought of anything else to eat after the weekend's festivities!) The report this morning was a 29 year old female runner died during the White Rock Marathon. All of the non-runners out there will be telling us, "I TOLD YOU ALL OF THAT RUNNING WAS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!" I am much more nervous about driving in the crazy Christmas traffic than going for a good run! Since our early morning run the temperature has dropped over 25 degrees. WELCOME TO LOUISIANA!





3 comments:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

I remember Scott's Lantern! The house looks soo cute.

Laura said...

The weather is SOOOO crazy here!! I was sweating walking into the office and freezing when I ran an errand at lunch. Go figure.

Love the decorations!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I am exhausted thinking about taking it all down!