IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Saturday, December 13, 2008

PINECONE TREE!

Following a night of partying (and the subsequent clean up), we were up bright and early for our weekly 10 mile long run. We changed our route today and for those of you that are familiar with Ruston -I SHOULD WARN YOU! The hill behind Toma Lodge on Kentucky heading from Cooktown Road to 167 has been redone. I was SO HOPEFUL that the dreaded Chautaqua Hill as we affectionately call it would be an easier climb. We have always run this route when training for marathons, but had not gone this way during the construction for some time. Today we tried this old route again and let me inform you the Chautaqua Hill will now be know as the Hill from ____! NO FUN-NO FUN AT ALL! As I told Sonja after our run, that which does not kill us will make us better ( OR SOME SUCH GARBAGE) Note to self-keep in mind the change on Kentucky before suggesting this route again!

After returning home and soaking in a hot shower for about 20 minutes ( SORRY SPARTA PEOPLE-BUT I NEEDED IT!), I dressed and off the friend, Helen's. It seems that the pine cone tree she has on her pool deck needed reconing (IS THAT A WORD?). I am thankful that Sonja agreed to come and help-I couldn't have done it without her. Rachel had the wires on all of the cones, but then we had to wire the cones to the chicken wire frame. Did you know that pine cones are not kind to your hands? Did you know that the wind was cold today? We did finish and got the lights strung-BUT still need to secure lights to the frame since they will fall when the pine cones close up from the rain. I will also put pine boughs in the spaces where the pine cones do not quite meet.

Off to Arcadia to take lunch to and visit with Nannie and Pappaw Conville. This all made for a full day. We came home and down I went for a short nap! Our college adopted student has been here washing clothes and visiting since I rose from my nap. We are off to our Small Group Christmas Party at Margarita's home tonight. SHE IS THE HOSTEST WITH THE MOSTEST!

Busy Season!

4 comments:

adrian seney said...

Wow! You had a busy day. Hope your went okay last night. I am sure it was wonderful!! Have fun tonight.

Deb said...

I am so impressed, I didn't know if that tree could be saved. You all are amazing!!

Rachel said...

Thanks for helping with that tree. I had brought some pipe cleaners thinking that could help secure the lights. I guess I should have told you that pine cones are not kind to your hands. Sorry! However, thanks for the save!!!!!!!

Elisha Leigh said...

Ummmmm, no. I think you were the hostess with the mostest!
I fixed the outdoor lights tonight, and wow, was that wind cold or what.