IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, June 2, 2008

HONEY, I'M HOME!

There TRULY-is no place like home! I was glad to put my feet on Louisiana soil, but when I got off that plane and the 93 degree heat hit me in the face-WELL!

I offered to leave a list for Camille and Adam, but they respectfully declined. I did call Camille today after I FINALLY landed and was driving home, to tell her one more thing to do in the yard. She just laughed and said, "Oh MOM, I can't believe you are still thinking about our yard." One thing about yards-you are never done!

I am making a mental list of things to do as I sit here. Trying to keep BC from knowing I am making said list since he called me on my way home to tell me to NOT come home and start IMMEDIATELY fizzing. What IS he talking about?

Erie is not a lot unlike home. Most people are friendly, there are lots of trees and lush greenery, rural area surrounds the town, there are pot holes in their streets , neighbors are nice and helpful, there is varying political and religious feelings, and the list could go on. Basically while in Erie, I could have been in Louisiana, EXCEPT it was nice and cool and not stifling hot. Of course in the winter there is NO snow and harsh cold here either. Perhaps if I lived in varying parts of the country, I would find that life is the same where ever you live. I should ask the Food Critic-she has lived everywhere!

As I said before-THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE HOME!

1 comment: