IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, March 4, 2008

BACK AT IT!

These two poses will not happen in this lifetime!!!!!


Back to the real world and my resolve to work out more. I was up at 5:20 and out the door for Yoga by 5:40. The good thing is that Tech is on quarter break, so there were only 4 of us in class today. NO YOUNG AND AGILE COEDS & ATHLETES! The teacher, Donna, was trying to be kind and purposefully took it a little slower and actually worked with me on some of the poses. Kindness though did not keep me from trembling while trying to hold some of those poses. OK-I KNOW YOU CAN'T WIN AT YOGA! I found myself in the child pose several times to catch a break. I also can't do some of the contorted poses everyone else seems to find so easy. That hour was more like a day- as Steve Martin said in "The Jerk". We seem to have brought the cold weather back with us from Erie, so I skipped walking today. Tomorrow, though, we are back at the "running game". Indeed the real world of exercise returns.
I went to the exercise terrorist(therapist) after lunch for another session of torture. My legs were actually in good shape, but my shoulders and back were knotted up. Perhaps this is from doing an hour's worth of planks, downward dogs, & chadarunga (sp?)???? After having leg length discrepancy of 1 1/2 " last time, I was actually in good shape today. I knew that going in, since I was not in pain when running. The man can find knots in your muscles that you had no idea were there. He told me to soak my foot in the hottest water I could stand, while at the same time icing a swollen knee which was bruised during a cross country skiing fall. My body will be so confused- AM I HOT OR AM I COLD????Oh- but I know-I am always HHHHHHOOOOOOTTTTT!
I have my new shoes. I AM A HAPPY CAMPER! HOT PINK & ORANGE TRIM-RADICAL! Perhaps they will make me run faster!




3 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

oooh have you done lizard pose yet??? that is one of my favorites. doing yoga in a room full of 20 something blonde gumby dolls is not my idea of fun either.

Deb said...

Pink and orange! Far out! Run faster and jump higher in your Red Ball Jets!

I wish I could go to Yoga with you cuz then you could feel like a winner cuz I have always been pretty stiff. I never even figured out a cart wheel.....

I will try to remember to bring you one of Elizabeth's yoga videos. They are soothing to watch.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

You did not just say "Radical".