IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, March 12, 2008

CALL ME WILE COYOTE!!!!

Babs is the Road Runner in my life and I am perpetually the Wile Coyote chasing her down the road. Just as "Poor Wile" never catches the Road Runner in the cartoon, I also am never able to catch Babs. We had a great run today and I had the best time I have had in a VERY LONG TIME! I actually finished the 5 miles in less than 50 minutes. Breaking that allusive 10 minute mile is a big deal for me. With my new Forerunner, I am able to tell what each mile's time is. The first 3 miles I ran just at a little over 10 minute pace. We then picked up the pace and I ran the last 2 miles at a 9:30 pace. I DIDN'T KNOW THESE OLD LEGS STILL HAD THAT IN THEM!

I must admit that I would not be running that fast if I weren't trying to keep up with Babs. We were running our weekly hill run today which makes this run our hardest run of the week. When we run this run, I don't count the miles, I count the hills. There are long forever climbing hills as well as shorter but really steep hills. The only mile that does not have hills is mile 4, but the other 4 miles are tough!

Our Monday run is 5 pretty flat miles with only a couple of hills thrown in. For some reason our time is usually not as good for it, but still a respectable 10:15 pace. We added a couple of walking miles after that.

I have started going to yoga again, but only once a week. At the end of the hour of posing, she wants us to stand on our head. GET REAL!!!! I am perfectly content to do the alternative pose with your legs and hips off the floor and into a touch to the floor behind your head. Sort of like a sideways V.

Friend, Sandra (One of the Big Girl Runners) was in a car accident after our run this AM. She was on her way to her daughter's when she was hit. The report is that she has several broken ribs and a gash in her head. I don't even bother to tell her that she should not be running when she is injured. She has run with broken ribs before, as well as stress fractures, and various other injuries. She is quite the runner and finished the marathon in 3rd place for her age group. IMPRESSIVE. We were all relieved that she was not injured worse. One thing is for sure-YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD WOMAN DOWN!

1 comment:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Do you constantly try and drop an anvil on her head too??