IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, January 11, 2008

WHITE COAT


Our favorite son-in-law, Adam, will recieve his "white coat" this weekend in a "White Coat Ceremony". WE ARE PROUD! Adam is quite the student. I have always thought I was so disciplined, but HE SETS THE RECORD for discipline. Adam gets up REALLY early and he isn't going out for a run with his buddies, he is getting up to study. He also studies in the evening and on the weekend. Medical school is a really big challenge, but Adam is up for the challenge. We are proud and wish we could be in PA with them for this important day. The good news is that Adam's sweet Mom and Dad will be there. They are flying to Erie today and going home Sunday. Camille was really excited about seeing them and them being there for this important milestone. We will be there in spirit and he is uppermost in our thoughts on this proud day!


When I was in school, I always enjoyed and learned from the comments or criticism that my teachers gave me. I looked forward to turning in papers having them read and learning from their comments. Now there are times that I was not happy, initially, with their comments, but I always took them to heart and grew from those comments.


I have a counter on my blog that tells me how many "unique" hits I have everyday. I do not know who is looking, but I do know how many are looking. Yesterday I had 47 "unique" hits, which thrilled me. The down side is that of those 47 hits, I only had one comment. I have set my blog up so that you can comment even anonymously. You can say what you will and I will never know your identity. The only way my writing will ever get any better is if you are willing to help me and give me constructive criticism. I often go back and reread a blog and catch areas that can be improved. PLEASE FEEL FREE to make comments and do not worry about anyone knowing you are commenting. There is no way to trace the comment to you. I would love to know how to improve and what you like to read or don't like to read. We grow and improve from doing, but unless we know what we are doing wrong, it is difficult to improve. SO MUCH FOR MY SOAP BOX! Even if you never comment, thank you for reading!


We are leaving tomorrow at 6. I have everything packed and all is left to do is run the race. BC asked me tonight what I was feeling and I told him apprehensive. He asked did I always feel apprehensive. I told him yes, except for the first marathon, when you did not know to be apprehensive. At that time ignorance was bliss, but now I live with the knowledge of where I am going. It is daunting! Right, Wrong, or Indifferent-Sunday afternoon it will all be over, but the crying! I would appreciate a little prayer Sunday morning. Pray for my physical abilities and endurance and that I run "For His Good Pleasure". I am proud that He gave me the ability to last through the training and feel blessed that I am still able to run-even in my old age. It has been fun training, but I look forward to thinking of other-more important things next week.






9 comments:

Ann Miller said...

I hope, somewhere in all those miles, you have FUN!! I love you and will be thinking of you!!

Anonymous said...

Here I am sitting in bed nursing a bad toe and I haven't even exercised. I know you will have a good run and some fun sruck in there. use the time to pray -that always make time pass quickly, Man you could run 50 miles and still not get all the praying done for just the friends in Ruston and those who are dear to you like children.. Look up and go surely to the finish line.

the Jennings secede from the South said...

See, thats where you and I differ. I don't want constructive criticism- just flattery, please.

Run Well, MOM!

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you today and hope you have a great day! Love the blog.

Anonymous said...

you are an amazing person. Your discipline is very encouraging,m so please continue running for "His good pleasure".

Anonymous said...

I am wondering if you have your laptop with you... here is what I am asking the Lord....

Lord, please watch over my dear friend, Lora as she climbs her Everest this Sunday. Keep her from having cramps, knots in her muscles, fatigue and blisters..and whatever terrible physical problems that runners have. Give her strength, peace, confidence and let her feel your pressence which will give her joy... joy for her journey... and we will give you the praise and the glory! I pray this in the matchless name of Jesus. Amen.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Great blogging today. Although I just write whatever is in my head and comes out of my mouth...bad grammar or not. Please don't grade my blog, I beg of you. I don't want to have to repeat blogging school. My son carries a 4.0 so can't I just have a good grade by osmosis???

I will pray that you run your race and meet the expectation you have for yourself. I also pray that you don't have an after race puke. Those never look fun and are not very attractive. Sweaty running marathon lady puking on the side of the road....ick, clean yourself up already woman. heheheheheh. Perhaps I can meet you at the end with an Italian Soda and Panini!!!

Cynthia said...

Can't wait to hear about it! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lora,
You are an inspiration to so many people. I saw Uncle Bobby at church this morning and before I even had a chance to ask about you, he looked at his watch and said "If everything is on schedule, she should be at mile 21 or so." What a wonderful husband you have. He is thinking about you all the time and he obviously listens to you if he knows your running schedule.

I love reading your blog everyday. I feel like I know so much more about you. You are a wonderful mother, grandmother, wife and best of all, Aunt.

Love, Adrian