IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, January 8, 2008

CALL ME NOODLE HEAD!




In an effort to make sure and be appropriately carbo loaded, I seem to be having pasta every night this week. Now I am not a HUGE pasta fan, but carbs fuel the muscles that makes the legs run down the road. Since I have been training for this marathon, I have completely changed my eating habits. I am really not a huge bread fan, but in an effort to fuel the training runs I ate a sandwich everyday for lunch. In the past I was having a roll up for lunch with lean turkey, but I have gone to wheat bread with peanut butter(my favorite vegetable). I stopped eating 1 low fat granola bar for breakfast and started eating 2 pieces of toast. In short, I have really picked up the number of calories ingested everyday. By the night before the marathon, when we have reservations to eat "pasta", I should definitely have noodles coming out of my ears. NO MORE NOODLES for Lora for sometime-Sunday night will NOT be pasta!




This morning when we were taking our short 3 mile walk (not even a blip on the screen) I felt a twinge in one of my ankles. I have reached the stage just before the big day when every twinge, cramp or ache sends cold chills down my spine. I become obsessed with possible injuries. To get to the end of the 18 week chart and have an injury crop up is a big time nightmare. I went to the massage therapist this afternoon and he hit upon a definite problem. In the first marathon I ran, I had a cramp in the upper part of my leg which lasted for the last 13 miles. I had to do a lot of walking and was very frustrated with a cramp that I had never had before. When Jeff was working on my legs today, he found that muscle and I almost levitated. He was not able to work out the golf ball size knot in that same muscle. It was in the other leg, but that same leg had a very tight ham string. Time will tell, but this did not make me a happy camper. Stretching and biofreeze are the prescription and hopefully I can get some of that knot worked out before the LONG run. Aren't you people sick and tired of hearing about this marathon and all that surrounds it? Next week the subject will change and I know you are all heaving a huge sigh of relief.




I saw on the new tonight that the "People's Choice Awards" or something like that would not be held this year because of the writer's strike. I am not a fan of striking, believing there has to be a way to settle disputes other than strike. I believe it was Reagan who when the air controllers would not go back to work and negotiate while working just hired new controllers. Now that is a great answer to strikers. If those writers are not careful, people like Camille and me will come to New York & Hollywood and start writing shows. My first pilot will be for a series called "Trailer Trash". Since I have lived in a trailer, I feel well qualified to write on the subject. With what we have on TV today, I think this should fit right in. We seem to all love to watch the sordid details of sinful man bent on self destruction. I pretty sure I could write about that! I need to run work on my resume and then see if I can live with the salary they offer. When I move to New York or Hollywood, you all are invited to come for a visit!
By the way, today is "The King's" birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Elvis!

1 comment:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I love biofreeze. I use it every two weeks when I get my massage. Massages are da'bomb.

I LOVE BREAD!!!! Pasta is ok, not my favorite. But I love artisanal breads.

Good luck on your run. I will exercise until the day I croak. Once you stop moving it is all over. It is a blessing to be able to get up and move everyday!!!!