IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, January 29, 2008

BLOW ME AWAY!

I am sitting here with a pot on my head waiting for one of our BIG trees to fall on the house. No not really, although if I were the scary type, I might be. The wind is howling and when you look in the back yard the trees are rolling around and bending back & forth. I love my trees, except when we have a "Big Wind" or storm. SOMEBODY HAS GOT TO PICK UP ALL OF THOSE LIMBS! Since Mr. C works long hours, my middle name is Somebody. When "Those Baptists" cut all of the trees on the hill, we lost a good buffer from these Southern winds. More trees coming down will probably be the result.


I decided today that I "Know what I don't like, but am not sure about what I do". I am remodeling the 40 year old kitchen and went to see my kitchen designer today. As we looked at cabinets and granite tops, I can IMMEDIATELY tell a "No", but when I find several I do like, well narrowing down to one is always a problem. Trying to stay within the confines of a relatively (to today's standards) small kitchen, but come up with a good upgrade can be tough. I have to decide upon cabinet wood and color first and then we go from there. I have already picked out a sink and a floor-so two things down-MANY to go!
Kim, our pastor's wife, is in Houston this week having tests and deciding upon treatment for her cancer. They have started a blog, so if you are interested and would like to keep up, click on "Kim's Big Adventure" under my blogging buddies. Please join us in praying for Kim and her family as they travel down this difficult road. We are comforted with the fact that God has them all in the"Palm of His Mighty Hand".
Dr. Dale came home today. I just spoke with Helen and you can hear it in her voice that "There's no place like home". The family has been trained in what they need to do for Dale and it will require a routine every 2 hours, night and day. They will have a sitter 4 nights a week to help and their son and daughter in law will also take turns helping. As I personally can tell you, even with lots of medical help, it is a physically and emotionally demanding task. Please pray for that miracle that we would love to have and for sure for their ability to meet each and every day with a spirit of strength and "Holy Power".
Went to the weight room this AM. Only lasted about 45 minutes. It is unbelievable how fast you lose what you worked so hard to gain. That weight that I lost though-I am beginning to find it. A lot less activity and the same amount of food = fat rolls on my waist. UGH!

2 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

It went from 70 here to 40 in like 2 hours today. Our wind has been howling all day...there is a lot of construction on our street and I saw 2 small illegal mexicans roll by at one point after being blown off the roof. Hopefully they keep rolling to the border and perhaps they can take out a few truffula tree cutting baptists on their way. The Lorax would NOT be happy w/them to say the least.

That kitchen sink picture was orgasmic to say the least!

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

And btw, who is this Mr. C you always speak of??? Why are you retired and he works long hours??? Did you marry a younger man?? ARE YOU A COUGAR????? *evil laugh*