IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, January 7, 2008

BRAIN CRAMP!

The Baptists next door are outside with what must be a "Big Screen TV" and a loud speaker which is reverberating into our back with the LSU ballgame on. Now we also have the ballgame on in our house, but this give the effect of a delayed echo of the sound from the ballgame. THOSE BAPTISTS! You know this is the same group that cut ALL of the trees on the hill behind our home. The once beautiful forested hill where the birds and critters lived and roamed which is now a barren and ugly red clay wasteland. Supposedly this is the national championship game. Now how they arrive at the fact that these two teams are the very best in the nation, I might question. There is no REAL playoff system where teams from across the nation are in a tournament-like in basketball. How in the world could you really determine the two best teams from a point system? Whatever! I am not much of a football fan anyway-so if all of you REAL fans out there are satisfied-then I'm happy too.

Camille called me today during her lunch time. She was sitting outside of her office in the sun with the temperature in the 60's. She was loving it! She went to Erie prepared to be buried in the snow all winter and it really has not been that bad, much to her relief. I told her about running this AM with it 67 degrees. The only bad thing about our spring like weather is the humidity. Our garage has been wet for 3 days-YUCK! The fireplace that I so dearly love when it is cold has the old ash smell from all of the humidity. I have a candle burning to cover the smell.

I am on an eating binge this week trying to be sure I have plenty of fuel for Sunday. LOTS OF CARBS! I am trying to stay off of the decongestants this week since they dehydrate me. My sinus problems will have to be solved with saline spray and alleve.

Do you ever wonder if the lives we live and what we think we are doing with our lives is what others perceive us to be? Are we the person that we think we are or are we living in denial of the person we really are? Are we living in a fantasy world of who we are? What is real about us and what is just our futile attempt to fool those around us? DEEP QUESTIONS TO PONDER.

Bobby has always laughed and said that while I was trying to figure out the origin of the universe and our purpose in life; that he was trying to figure out how they got that white stuff in the middle of those twinkies.

I am beginning to get a brain cramp-ENOUGH THINKING FOR TONIGHT!

2 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

I know some Baptists and let me say......well better yet, I should just keep my mouth shut.

Have you tried a netti pot for the sinuses/allergies???

I think my life is one big brain cramp hahaha.

Anonymous said...

It is my experience that our perception of ourselves is a lot like an anorexic looking into a mirror and seeing a fat person. We see one image while others see something entirely different. When I was in college writing all those tedious English papers this is what we called the "appearance vs. reality" theme. I think about that a lot... especially when I watch "City Confidential".

Glad Camille is not buried. I know snow is fun, but having to drive in it all the time is NOT.

...it is not just Baptists doing clear cutting. The non denominatioal church near our house is raping the land as well. It all makes me so sad. I guess I could fall into the "tree hugger" category at times. (Don't tell BC!)