IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Wednesday, January 30, 2008

DON'T CALL ME "THE STREAK"

I have been reading my monthly issue of "Runner's World". I came across an article by Adam Cohen titled "Running Free". It seems Mr. Cohen felt compelled to enter a "clothing optional" race in Oklahoma on the "Trail of Tears". Oh it would be a trail of tears as those viewing would be laughing until they cried! OK and HOW did this happen in Oklahoma???? I thought they were as conservative as we are down here in the Deep South. I obviously must have been wrong! The article tells you about his feelings about entering and running the race with 50 other "Exhibitionist". There were 17 caps and 0 as zero other clothes. One male runner did have on a garment for support-if you get my drift, but that is it! For 3.1 miles they are all out there running along the trail-as we say here- "NEACKKED"! Ok, my friend Mona, loves to run after the cute young guys who have their shirts off and is often quoted as saying she really enjoyed the scenery during the race. I enjoy having someone in front of me and prefer tailing someone-BUT THIS GIVES NEW MEANING TO TAILING! I cannot imagine what would possess anyone to run (THINK ABOUT IT-body parts bouncing) without clothes with others watching. To add insult to injury, when the 50 passed the usual 5K water station, the volunteers are all clothed! If I hadn't died from embarrassment by then, well I would for sure drop dead then. If you see me entering a "Clothing Optional 5K" or even running without a shirt in only my sports bra-I have Alzheimer's-just put me away! You may not have to put me away, I would probably get arrested for "indecent exposure" and "Causing Great Public Harm", since the sight would not be pretty by any means!


As we started our run this AM, pre dawn, I noticed 2 planets clearly visible in the south-eastern sky-QUITE THE SIGHT! I believe it was Venus and Jupiter, per the Internet. If you are a late sleeper and never experienced the beauty of the night sky, especially the pre-dawn heavens, you have missed a TREAT! This is what makes these mornings bearable. When I have Babs in front of me, looking at her watch every mile-to see if we are running at an increased pace, it can become drudgery-not fun! Yesterday it was in the 60's at run time, today it was 26 when I got out of my car. BRRRRRRRR!

6 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Not only the outward visual items would be scary and bouncing and could cause potential "you'll poke your eye out with that"....

A trouser trout swaying to and fro could be deadly at certain speeds....not to mention not attractive at all!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yikes.

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

Awe, that is too bad about Mr. C, I was hoping for a juicy cougar story. Oh well, back to The Housewives of Orange County.

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

Lora, remind me never to ready your blog right before beddie-bye. I had crazy dreams all night!

Anonymous said...

Waiting to hear Part 2 of the Unintentional Kegger! Hilarious!