IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, January 15, 2008

DON'T TRY TALKING THE TALK IF YOU ARE NOT WALKING THE WALK

I really get amazed during campaigning time at the politicians trying to convince us of their spirituality. Personally I think if you are truly spiritual and have a personal relationship with our Lord, then you don't have to tell anyone else how spiritual you are-it shows. If you have to stand before your fellow citizens and persuade them of your deep spiritual convictions, well-I am not swayed. I have more admiration for those that don't pretend to be something they are not. They are not spiritual and don't try to even give any indication that they are. Don't begin "attending" church to garner votes, just before announcing you are running for office as one of our local officials did. Just tell it like it is and then you will not trip up when you try to speak the foreign language of "spirituality."

I went to my dermatologist this AM for my 6 month check. The good news is I only had one spot to freeze off after about 10 in June, including 3 biopsies. The bad news, Ladies, is you cannot do anything about "chicken skin". All the men out in blogging land probably don't have a clue what I am talking about, but you women-YOU GET IT. We are about 2 years off from having a solution for that. Who knows in 2 years, I might not even care anymore!

The old legs are really in pretty good shape. Probably the best shape they have been in for the 3 marathons I have run. They are sore-don't' get me wrong, but not that bad. We actually took a slow 30 minute stroll today. The only twinge I had was when I had to run across the road-WHOAAA! Did I remember to tell you that for running the marathon you got a really ugly short sleeve tee shirt. For finishing you got a "finisher's shirt" from under armor, a medal, and an engraved mug. All that and you only had to pay a $80 entry fee. You have really got to wonder about someone who will PAY to run 26.2 miles. CRAZINESS!!!!

The bad news for all of you out there is that now I have plenty of time. Pray that you do not become one of my projects. When I get on a tangent or take someone or something on as a project-well I can go a little bit over the edge. I am looking for the next project-duck if you see me coming your way!

3 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

AMEN to that one!

Hannah Lee said...

Mrs. Lora, I am so proud of you guys and you better believe I prayed for you all! You are an inspiration to me! Take some time and recooperate! Love, Hannah

Anonymous said...

Bring on the soup! I love all sorts of soup and Jim does, too. I just wish that he liked split pea soup....one of my favs. We didn't have turkey this Christmas and usually we boil the carcus for a great turkey soup. I think we need to do that this weekend. I bet Dr. Dale would like some turkey soup.