IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Sunday, November 11, 2007

TEMPORARY QUIET & STILLNESS

All of the male Convilles have gone to see Nannie & Pappaw in Arcadia, so for a few brief moments all is quiet and still. What a contrast to when they are all here! After many years of being two of us in the house, we forget the level of activity and noise a house full brings. From the moment they get up in the morning until around 9 PM, there is nonstop activity and the noise that goes with that activity. BC can actually grab a nap, even with all of that going on in the same room with him, but I am high maintenance when it comes to sleeping. Dark, quiet, one certain pillow, etc. etc. What a curse!

They had a beautiful memorial service for Caroline's Daddy at the Episcopal church yesterday. There is such a blessing when the services from the Book of Common Prayer are used and the comfort of the scripture and old, old prayers are read . It was a sweet service and a wonderful memorial to my sweet grands' Hymie. He loved those boys and was a great grandfather to them. I plan to always remind them of that very fact. I always told Jim (or Hymie as they called him) that it was not a competition, the more love we gave them there better. On a lighter note, I did share with the rest of the family, later, that from now on,since he was not here to respond, we could always blame Jim's genes when the boys are acting up. Poor Jim, so unfair to blame his side for all of the "unlovely traits", but better his crazy family, than my crazy family.

We have made lots of pics, but the camera is in Arcadia, so I will share tomorrow or whenever I manage to recover. Seriously, I have loved having them here and they are sweet boys.

No physical activity this weekend, since I ran Friday in anticipation of this weekend, but the real world shows up again tomorrow!

No comments: