IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Tuesday, November 13, 2007

NOT FUNNY-NOT FUNNY AT ALL!!!!!!!!

While the kids were here this weekend, we started playing with our electronic scale. The scale is on the floor by the kitchen table, which is definitely a little SICK. Bobby manages to completely ignore the fact that it is behind his chair, but I find myself going through periods of getting on it daily-which is completely stupid. Actually I am weighing more now trying to make sure I am eating enough calories to sustain my level of activity.

Gabe misunderstood how to set it up for each individual and that caused quite a laugh. A one point it has an A Line shaped person and a straight up and down person-he thought that meant your body type and not your sex, so he puts himself down as an a line-or woman. This caused his body fat % to be in the high 30's. We all got a great laugh out of that and he was so flustered. When we discovered the mistake and he reset the scale to a male, his body fat was in the 20's. This set me to thinking about that. The only thing he changed on the set up was the sex and his body fat goes down more than 10 points. THIS IS NOT FAIR! Now I know that God with his weird sense of humor decided that we women must have body fat for our bodies to act correctly. Girls that are anorexic or bulimic and have really low body fat %'s are not able to function as all of us girls should. Before they ultimately eat up and destroy their internal organs, they become infertile and are more on the level of young girls.

Now I have thought this through and since I am the age that I am, I should be able to put down I am a man. After all the hormones are not functioning anymore. Why should I be penalized 10 points just because I am a girl? I promise you, without a doubt, I am in much better physical condition than Gabe, since he does not exercise at all. HOW IN THE WORLD COULD HIS BODY FAT % POSSIBLY BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO MINE? This is a not so funny quirk of nature. I wonder, as women are now much more physically fit than they ever were, if this % will begin to close the gap?

I've spent my life being at the wrong end of each and every trend. When I was a teenager, the in thing was for girls to be soft and curvy. I was a reed with bones protruding everywhere. Now that the trend is more for thin, I find myself thin in the wrong places, and soft and mushy in the wrong places. I am definitely getting thinner, thinner eyebrows, eyelashes, skin, and hair and I have nice flat places also, but it is my butt not my abs that are flat. I just cannot seem to get my act together.

I leave you with this one fact-there is one really good thing about fat-it pushes those wrinkles out. Unfortunately I missed the boat with that too, the fat places are not visible and the thin-my face, the top of my legs, my neck, and the top of my arms are all thin and the skin sags like the skin on a chicken. That is why I say I have chicken skin!

We walked 5 this AM and I lifted. Feel much better today, but tomorrow's run will tell the tale of recovery.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not look just like you would like to on the outside, but I am sure your major organs and all the other "important inside stuff" are in fantastic shape! You may live to be 110 - I'm not sure if that is good or bad!!
Love,
Adrian

the Jennings secede from the South said...

somebody call the wah-mbulance

Anonymous said...

just remember...there's always someone squishier than you!!
ann