IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Friday, November 9, 2007

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

The Grands are coming, The Grands are coming!!
Our sweet grandsons, Caleb & Cade are in route to Ruston as I write. Oh yeah, their parents and Uncle Gabe are also coming. We are so excited to see our favorite grands, but let me tell you they are all boy! I always have all these activities, games, etc planned for when they come and they quickly tell me they just want to be boys and play. Their favorite activity involves rough housing, tickling, and somebody ending up crying. Our world of peace and tranquility will be abruptly turned on its ear. They will have a weekend of doing just what they want, when they want, eating what they want, when they want, and pretty much ruling the roost at Poppa Bob & Momma Lulu's house. Pictures will be posted next week of our wild and fun weekend.

We ran our 18.2 miles this morning. It was warm and humid, but it could very well be the same weather in Houston in January since it is so near to the Gulf. It was long, it was hard, and I don't know how I can run another foot, much less 8 more miles. Somewhere after mile 14, my legs begin to tire and my pace slows, but so far I have a reasonable pace-for an old lady.

Our long time friend, Cynthia and our college adoptees, Meriedth & Gracie came for supper last night. We enjoyed catching up and hearing all of the drama and adventures of our young friends. This week one had broken up with a boyfriend and the other has started dating a boy. So much drama-we don't realize how dull our lives are until we listen to the goings on in their lives. Cynthia currently has 3 jobs, Grace has 2 jobs and is an engineering student, Meriedth is a double major including graphic design which requires lots of projects and is on the staff of the school paper. THEY LEAD VERY BUSY LIVES!

I am off to prepare for our family, but if you hear a loud noise or disturbance out North of Ruston ,in Vienna, it's just us and the kids-enjoying the weekend!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Have fun this weekend! Thanks again for dinner last night...I love hanging out with you 2!