IT'S NOT EASY BEING A SOUTHERN BELLE-EVEN AFTER YEARS OF PRACTICE!













Monday, November 26, 2007

FAMILIES!

I have a couple of friends that seem to have families, shades of "The Cleavors." Totally amazing! Bobby & I just made a fast trip to Monroe for a hospital visit and to go by Dillards. While there, I began talking with the sales clerk, whom I have known for a few years, but only in passing. I asked a question about her family and that started her tale of family dysfunction. By the time she had finished with her story, I was totally depressed-AND THEY ARE NOT EVEN MY FAMILY! Most families seem to have their tales of woe and misunderstandings, but some are worse than others. As my sweet friend and certified therapist, Barbara told me a long time ago, "Most families are a mess at best." If you are living with "The Cleavors" consider yourself blessed and one in a million. The Conville Clan are definitely not "The Cleavors."

There is a universal rule of nature, "All things left to themselves will implode and return to the state from which they came." (Or something like that) As I drove out of the drive this AM in the dark at 5:15, I looked over in the flower bed and there was one of the pumpkins in a big orange pile of pumpkin mush. It definitely was proof of the above theory. I am not sure how you could have saved the pumpkin, but it definitely was returning to that from which it came-THE GROUND!

We ran 9 miles this AM and the West wind was cold. After 2 days of no physical activity, the run actually felt good and was not bad at all. Perhaps not quite as fast as I would like, but not bad-for an old lady. Rest tomorrow and then 20. Oh I will definitely think about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Um, would that be 20 miles you'll be running on Wednesday?!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Yeah, I guess you guys are kinda dysfunctional. Good thing I'm perfect and never contribute to that!